[mythtv-users] CBS sucks!

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Mon Oct 31 12:45:37 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:

> Yes they probably could - just drag injured players off the field
> immediately after getting hurt, or have play go on while an injured player
> is treated on the field (like union-rules rugby - crazy!). They could also
> drop coaches' challenges, play through weather stoppages (lightning,
> smightning), skip the national anthem and all that honouring of dead
> military people, etc.,  They could make pro sports as fake and manipulated
> and post-produced as "competition" shows like Amazing Race and Survivor to
> keep the 40/20 content/commercials ratio and keep everything to tidy one-
> hour blocks. But then it wouldn't be sport would it?

You make it sound as if sporting events are constantly running over their
time slots by hours. That doesn't seem to be the case, and wouldn't require
the extreme changes you are suggesting would be required.

On the weather front, there's a simple solution: If you have exhausted your
buffer time, due to weather, it's time to call the game and reschedule.

I don't even care how large the buffer period is. Want two hours? Fine!
Just make things predictable.

    --Matt