[mythtv-users] CBS sucks!

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Mon Oct 31 15:02:47 UTC 2011

On 10/30/11 18:57, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Every week their Sunday night lineup overruns due to (presumably) some
> stupid sporting even that fails to finish in it's allotted time slot.
>
> Why do we [have to] tolerate this crap?  We need to rise up against CBS
> and let them know there is a schedule for a reason and they need to keep
> to it.

I personally just boycott CBS's Sunday night schedule for this reason.

There is a guy in the Silicon Dust forums who claims that the CBS
affiliates are breaking FCC rules unless they accurately update
the EIT information when games run over.  See
http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11370
So maybe we just all need to lodge FCC complaints until the
EIT information is correct?

At that point, it would be possible to modify MythTV to use
EIT for sports overruns, even when primarily using SD for
guide data.  Eg, it would be nice to have some option like
"Use EIT data to estimate sports scheduling overruns
for channel $CBS"  And maybe even restrict it to a time window.

Drew