[mythtv-users] BGT3600 - Ultimate UK DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 Tuner?

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Mon Oct 31 15:52:55 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of PJ
Sent: 30. oktober 2011 11:52
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] BGT3600 - Ultimate UK DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 Tuner?

30.10.2011 08:56, Mark Gardner kirjoitti:
> I agree with you to an extent Simon. But does anyone know of any working and reliable T2 or S2 tuners?

Does anyone have any experience with nGene based tuners?
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/NGene_devices

They seem to be fully supported in Linux (driver is in mainline kernel).
No T2 tuners, though.

I'm having weird urge to build new mythtv server with Digital Devices Octopus and lots of tuner modules.

Petteri

I have a Digital Devices Octopus with one dual DVB-S2 and one dual DVB-C/T.

The drivers for the Octopus (ddbridge) and the DVB-S2 (ngene) seems to be quite stable and working well.
The driver for the DVB-C/T (drxk) is more unstable and seems to still be work in progress.

I am running this on a test system with OpenSUSE 11.3 kernel 2.6.34 with these drivers:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/ngene-octopus-test/

I also tried OpenSUSE 11.4 kernel 2.6.37 with these drivers:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/media_build_experimental/

I also have a Cine S2 currently not in use. That one worked well with the recent v4l-dvb drivers.

Jens