[mythtv-users] CBS sucks!

Roger H mythtvuser1818 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 15:54:02 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Andrew Gallatin <gallatin at cs.duke.edu>wrote:

> At that point, it would be possible to modify MythTV to use
> EIT for sports overruns, even when primarily using SD for
> guide data.  Eg, it would be nice to have some option like
> "Use EIT data to estimate sports scheduling overruns
> for channel $CBS"  And maybe even restrict it to a time window.

Updated EIT data could also be used when recording the game as you then
know exactly how long to record.  Not such a big deal for football on CBS
as you can probably guess how much to add to the end of the recording, but
it would be very useful for things like playoff hockey, as if a game goes
into overtime you have no idea how long it will be (it could be an extra 15
min, it could be over 3 hours).  I usually add an extra 3 hours and hope
that it isn't one of those record breaking marathon games.

Interestingly, various Canadian networks rebraodcast those CBS games, but
instead of delaying the rest of the days schedule, they "resume the
previously scheduled program already in progress," showing the end of that
program and then continuing on as originally scheduled.  Anoying for
viewers of the next program but better for everyone else.