[mythtv-users] CBS sucks!

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Oct 31 16:31:39 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Roger H <mythtvuser1818 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 11-10-31 11:54 AM, Roger H wrote:
>> >
>> > Updated EIT data could also be used when recording the game as you then
>> > know exactly how long to record.  Not such a big deal for football on
>> > CBS
>> > as you can probably guess how much to add to the end of the recording,
>>
>> But I don't want to have to micro-manage my schedule, babysitting
>> recordings when sporting events are running over so that I can fix up
>> the start/end times of the rest of the evening.  I don't even know when
>> these sporting events are on.
>
> Just setup all your programs for football games to add 30 or 45 minutes.
> Doesn't matter when the game is all you will record the entire game. If it
> ends on time, it will take up a bit of extra space, but that is better than
> missing the end of the game.

That doesn't get to the heart of the problem, which isn't for the game
itself, but the content that follows the game.  Some of us may not
even be aware that a game is on earlier in the day, so your advice is
basically, add 30 or 45 minutes to everything, in case there might be
a game before it.

Eric