[mythtv-users] CBS sucks!

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Oct 31 17:02:37 UTC 2011

On 10/31/2011 12:54, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On 11-10-31 12:39 PM, Scott and Nicole Harris wrote:
>> Which is exactly what I do for shows that air on Saturdays/Sundays when the likelihood of a preceding Sports event is high.  In other words, the big complaint here seems to be predictability, but it's entirely predictable (the complainers have repeated the practicability of it over and over again in this thread).  Sports events air on the weekend, therefore the chances of your weekend shows being bumped are good, so deal with it accordingly.
> I guess we just have different levels of acceptability for "dealing with
> it".  I find it entirely unacceptable to have to watch a portion of a
> single show across two (i.e. back to back) recordings (for a number of
> shows) along with having to hunt down the lineup so that I can actually
> do that.

Add in a user job that automatically goes through and adds in cuts at
the originally scheduled start and end times.  Mythfrontend always obeys
cut points, as opposed to commercial detection which is optional.  If
the cut points are wrong, due to an over-run sports event, go into edit
mode and find the correct placement.  If you're concerned about all that
extra used space, have your user job schedule a lossless transcode to
apply those cuts after a week or so.