[mythtv-users] CBS sucks!

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Oct 31 18:28:25 UTC 2011

On 31/10/11 17:11, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> Yes, I am looking for the "best solution" not sufficient "work-arounds"
> at the expense of more hardware layout (tuners and disk to accommodate
> all of the padding).  Seems it would be just so much cheaper to find an
> alternative, more reliable, "source" of recordings whatever that might
> be.  Probably even get them entirely commercial free I would guess.

Heh. Even here, in the UK, where the BBC channels are commercial-free, we /very/
occasionally get overruns on sports events, although these are usually limited
to 'extra time' in football(soccer), which is predictable[1].

Of course, the programmers know all about these possible overruns, and usually
put throw-away repeats immediately after the sports events.

Guess that might not work for the Olympics next year. I'm /really/ not looking
forward to the resulting chaos.

[1] There was the famous case of the never-ending snooker final. I forget which
year, but it lasted /all day/ and finished about 01:30 the following morning.
Yup, we all watched it. I think they attempt to limit the final these days.

--

Mike Perkins