[mythtv-users] CBS sucks!

Christian Reynolds cyberdoc at astro.cmreynolds.org
Mon Oct 31 20:26:22 UTC 2011

On Oct 31, 2011, at 1:23 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 10/31/2011 08:26 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>> On 11-10-30 10:14 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>>> So you pad all recordings for that night, and then when you watch them,
>>> you spend a minute or two in edit mode marking off the beginning and
>>> ending of the show so all the rest is skipped.
>> Of course, this only works so long as your recordings are all on CBS.
>> But as soon as 21:00 rolls around and your tuner is scheduled to switch
>> to another station (that did/does honour it's schedule) you lose the end
>> of whatever is now running over the 21:00 mark.
>>
>> Yes, I could get more tuners, but really, I should not have to spend
>> more money to do what I could do if CBS were to just manage their
>> schedule better.
>
> Translation:  "I should not have to spend more money to [play by their
> rules, instead, they should spend more money to play by my rules]."  ???
>
> One thing that GNU/Linux users should know by now, is that if you're
> choosing to swim against the current, it requires more time/effort/money
> than going with the flow (and playing by someone else's rules).  My $0.02.
>
> Mike

Hello Everyone,

A very interesting discussion here, and unfortunately, no one is going to be made happy with whatever is decided.  The football people will want to see the end of the game, and the other people will want to see the new show.  I personally think that they should pad and plan for a 3 1/2 hour game, and pad the filler with recaps and highlights, and have a formal launching time at 6:30pm CDT, when it usually works out for us here in the midwest.

Ain't gonna happen.  They want the sports crowd to hang around for the feature, and sell commercials.

At our house, we have 2 HD HomeRuns... 4 tuners, thus I steer around the problem with not having enough tuners.  I like watching CSI: Miami, and that usually gets out of whack due to football.  So my wife and I record it as it is, and just hit the DELETE button, with the option to re-record.  We then capture the episode in rerun, and accept the fact that TV should not rule our lives or level of happiness.

Christian

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and critters,
and is believed to be clean.