[mythtv-users] What is everyone using for IR Receivers ?

mythtv . mythtv at harley-jones.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 07:21:51 UTC 2011

On 1 September 2011 18:49, Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ps3 remote is what I use. Only annoyance is first button press for a while
> is ignored while it wakes up and reconnects, but you can adjust the timeout
> to balance annoyance with battery life.
>
> Please excuse brevity and pistakes this email was composed on a mobile
> phone.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Richard

Same here,

And you soon get used to the annoyance of the minor delay

Have got all buttons mapped including the eject button which uses irexec to
runa  script to switch between MythFE and XBMC. Also handy if something
crashes to save having to resort to a keyboard. Only downside with bluetooth
is that when your 1 year old gets hold of the remote he can make things
happen whilst he is pointing it towards the ceiling :-)

Martin