[mythtv-users] lirc and Fedora 15 IR is slow and sometimes missing keys

Paul Wilson mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Sun Sep 4 22:06:54 UTC 2011

====
Hi Paul,

I'm running lirc of fedora 15 and had some problems on setup. I think these
problems are as a result of lirc being incorporated into the kernel: If your
problems are similar to mine they can be easily resolved. First off I think
you need to reinstall v4l-utils as this will contain the new scripts needed
to run the ir remote. The problem will be that some of the keys will be
differently named and coded to the ones in your /etc/lirc/lircd.conf

the keymaps are contained in /etc/rc_keymaps/ - look for your remote there -
if it's there then you're okay.

you can checkout the new keymap with

$sudo ir-keytable -r

This will output the new scancodes for your remote eg. for me:

scancode 0x0000 = KEY_POWER2 (0x164)

...and so on

change the codes and keynames in your lircd.conf to the new versions given
eg:

begin codes:
POWER2 = 0x0164

...and so on

Also edit you .lircrc to reflect the new keynames (if any).

This worked for me with a winfast remote.

Giles
===

I would have thought using irw would have shown me some output even if I
hadn;t updated  .lircrc
ie it should have shown me the new codes or labels right?