[mythtv-users] Commercial flagging not working after transcoding with a user job

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Sep 5 04:56:02 UTC 2011

On 9/4/2011 22:48, Jeremy Jones wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 12:22 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com
> <mailto:raymond at wagnerrp.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 9/3/2011 01:14, Jeremy Jones wrote:
>     >
>     > After re-looking at thwarting backend settings, I already have
>     it set
>     > to run transcoding jobs first. I checked the backend logs and the
>     > commercial detection is running first anyway, so I assume that
>     setting
>     > just does not apply if you are transcoding with a user job.  Is that
>     > correct?
>     >

>     That setting only functions with the specific commflag and transcode
>     tasks.  If you want it to work with your custom transcoding task, you
>     must replace the command for mythtranscode in mythtv-setup.
>

> I notice the command in setup for transcode is simply,
> "Mythtranscode".  Do I need put my entire user job command there
> complete with the, " --chanid %CHANID% --starttime %STARTTIME%"
> parameters that follow the command, or will these be passed
> automatically, and only the script file path/name is needed?

The value  'mythtranscode' is a special key that tells the jobqueue to
run that application with all the command line arguments needed to make
it work.  If using anything other than 'mythtranscode', you must
populate whatever arguments you need.

> Also, as I stated in my original post, I used your, "Transcode wrapper
> stub" from the wiki to build my script.  Can you tell me what the
> line, "flush_commskip = True" Does?  Am I deleting the commercial
> flags with this?  Would changing that to false fix my problem, or do I
> need to leave it as true and swap the transcode command like you said
> above?

All that does is flush the stored commercial skip data out of the
recordedmarkup table.  That data is keyed off the frame number, so if
your transcoding command cuts out frames, resamples, performs IVTC or
deinterlacing, that data will no longer be valid and should be deleted.