[mythtv-users] Best front-end machine?

Frans Grotepass grotepass at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 09:13:38 UTC 2011

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 09:54:46 +0100
Ian Clark <mrrooster at gmail.com> wrote:

> > with xf86-video-ati the video is absolutely tear free.
>
> What settings for playback is that? I'd be happy to get this going so
> I'll happily have a further play this evening....

What do you mean by that? The source data is 1080p mkv. I did not tune
the playback settings in mythtv. any of the xvba/VDPAU stuff on my
mythtv box yet.

my mythtv box has a Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H so just running the
integrated graphics of the 785G.

Stability with xf86-video-ati is also much better than what I
experienced with nvidia propriety or ati catalyst on my unstable VIA
chipset based desktop (getting new MB one of these days).