[mythtv-users] How to make "Record this program in This Timeslot every ..." more tolerant to late arrival EPG changes ?

"Per J. Frøysa" per.froysa at broadpark.no
Tue Sep 6 12:26:47 UTC 2011

Why not suggest to follow the specifications?

/6.1.1 Accurate Recording

Accurate Recording -- the accuracy of recording is done by controlling
the start and stopping information based on EIT.
Managing the exact time for recording a program is done by starting and
stop time driven by EIT p/f (present and following or sometimes called
now and next information) with reference to EIT schedule information.
The NorDig accurate recording of a program begins when the chosen
program is included the EIT present table and stops when the chosen
program is no longer in EIT present table (typically the EIT present
table is shift to include next program).
The reference in the EIT p/f and EIT schedule for each program is DVB
Event Id and programming CRID. Booking (ie when the user programs the
PVR to make a recordings of a event/program) of a program via the EIT
schedule information is stored in the PVR receiver.
When CID (Content Identifier Descriptor) for a program / event is
included in the EIT p / f, the NorDig PVR uses the CID as a reference
for the same event in the EIT schedule. A broadcast may split a program
into several parts in its broadcast and still signalize as they are
parts of the same program for the PVR, see chapter split records./

Looking into the EIT code, I can see that EIT P/F is decoded but I
cannot see that it is acted upon as a scheduling trigger?

Regards
Per Frøysa