[mythtv-users] UK users - more Freeview services becoming available

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Tue Sep 6 13:42:23 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 11:12 +0100, Mike Perkins wrote:
> I just spotted this in today's El Reg. Considering I spent most of yesterday
> doing a full rescan it answers a number of questions I had...
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/06/freeview_iptv/
>
> Now, every mythtv box has an internet connection, doesn't it? Is there any way
> we can leverage this new facility? I'm not suggesting we attempt anything
> illegal, you understand, but if there's free streams available could we access them?

Coincidentally, yesterday I submitted a patch to git master which adds
support for "Interaction Channel" (ETSI ES 202  184 V2.2.1) which
enables BBC iPlayer and other http based interactive  content to be
accessed from the MHEG 'red button',  See
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10019

If you're running fixes/0.24 then this patch is functionally the same:
http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/iplayer.diff
The patch also adds support for BBC Sport and other interactive streams
which was added to git master in commit 4d5e6ca

NB the http streams can be redirected to a proxy by setting an EV. E.g.
MYTHMHEG_PROXY="http://192.168.0.1:8080"
or
MYTHMHEG_PROXY="socks://127.0.0.1:9050"

Let me know how you get on.