[mythtv-users] Options for connecting a HD-PVR

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 13:51:15 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Joe Henley <joehenley at kc.rr.com> wrote:
> One solution would be to put the HD-PVR with the FE, make the FE also a
> slave BE, then connect the HD-PVR to it -- data could then passed from
> the combined FE/slaveBE to the master BE via the e-net connection.  That
> looks to be very complex and likely loaded with hidden problems.

I used to do exactly that until I was finally able to consolidate all
BE-related hardware in one place.  The slave BE recorded into an
NFS-mounted directory.  It was actually quite straightforward.  The
only problem I ran into was getting Live TV to work with that tuner on
a different FE, and that turned out to be an NFS configuration issue.

Jim