[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime out for delivery - Any issues installing?

lists.md301 lists.md301 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 17:00:58 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:46 AM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
> > My 3-tuner HdHomeRun Prime is scheduled to be delivered today. I figured
> I'd
> > look into how to set the thing up ahead of time, but the wiki page at
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Silicondust_HDHomeRun_Prime doesn't have any
> > setup information. From what I've read on the mailing list, the setup
> seems
> > to be a bit of an evolving process - I've seen some threads that say it's
> > just like setting up a standard HDHR, but I've also seen instances where
> an
> > extra step is needed to populate all the channel information. What's the
> > latest and greatest way to set this tuner up?
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_MythTV_for_the_HDHomeRun_Prime

A question related to this procedure:  if I'm using a previously established
channel lineup which works for STB-Firewire (which also tunes by virtual
channel number), do I still need to create a new separate line-up, using a
testing tuner and retrieving lineup-info from SchedulesDirect?  Or can I
re-purpose that lineup?  (In my case, I plan on replacing the STB with the
PRIME.)  My assumption is that that the channel fetch fills in the actual
virtual number for each channel.  If that's all it does and is required for
using the PRIME, I should be good to go, right?  Or is some other magic
happening?