[mythtv-users] Possible 'holy grail' of frontends?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Sep 6 18:05:36 UTC 2011

On 11-09-06 01:48 PM, Tom Lichti wrote:
> I know we've gone around and around on this, but if the Linux OS
> support is there for the hardware, this looks like the (IMNSHO)
> perfect MythTV frontend:
>
> http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overview.asp?Model=Vision%203D%202nd%20Gen%20Series

Sure.  Looks expensive though -- expensive for things I don't really
need/want, like 3D.

> Of course price will be a factor,

Indeed.  I imagine this to be quite expensive compared to other nettops.

> but you can't really argue with the
> specs too much.

Sure.  I can't argue with a Ferrari's specs too much either.  :-)  But
can I afford one?  Even if I could, do I need a much car as a Ferrari
provides?  Specs have to balance off with value.

b.