[mythtv-users] Possible 'holy grail' of frontends?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Sep 6 20:24:32 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 4:08 PM, linux guy <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 11-09-06 02:33 PM, linux guy wrote:
>> > Do you need that much processing power ?
>>
>> Indeed.  I question that too, with flash supporting vdpau now.
>
> Right.

Michael T. Dean's overly sarcastic remarks earlier in this thread were
trying to point out that flash support for vdpau at this time is so
limited as to be basically non-existent in practical terms, as it
requires the web site operator to do something special in order to
enable this sort of acceleration, and very few such operators actually
do it.

An atom/ion system can do some things very well.  If you find yourself
in a position where you want to do something which isn't one of those
things, it will do it very poorly.  It's just not a very future proof
system.

Eric