[mythtv-users] Rescan from the command line

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Wed Sep 7 12:14:42 UTC 2011

I'm using mythtv (mythtvbuntu 9.10, yes ought to upgrade!) and need to
rescan all the Freeview channels. However, the backend is in a
cupboard, so I either need to drag a monitor over there or setup VNC or
the like.

Is there any way to rescan either from the command line or from a front
end?

If I do get the monitor route, do I need to rescan for all four of my
USB Freeview tuners?

Oh, and here's another worry. With my mythtv being a couple of years
old, will 8k mode be OK? If not, what's the lowest risk and hassle way
of fixing this?

Thanks

Ian