[mythtv-users] How to make "Record this program in This Timeslot every ..." more tolerant to late arrival EPG changes ?

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Thu Sep 8 15:36:59 UTC 2011

On Sep 8, 2011 8:50 AM, "Ronald Frazier" <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:

> You mean a dumb recorder, like a VCR, just recording a specific time
> regardless of what's actually airing? That option already exists. I
> believe it's call a manual recording or manual schedule (something
> like that).

True!  But I don't think the expectation is to record the timeslot stupidly.

I just informally asked a handful of non-technical tv fans what they would
expect.

All agreed that they would want "record in this timeslot" to select an
entire show from its scheduled start to finish, if any part of the show's
schedule fell within the timeslot.  Can't do that with a dumb recorder.

They all also agreed they would be surprised ("upset" was the word one used)
to miss a "timeslot" show simply because of a few minutes offset.

Not a scientific survey, but an illuminating result (I thought, anyway).
Take it for what you will.

$0.02,
Eric