[mythtv-users] Replacing mythtranscode command with a custom script

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Sep 9 04:00:02 UTC 2011

On 9/8/2011 23:33, Jeremy Jones wrote:
> Great!  I copied in the two lines you added, and if I deciphered the
> code correctly, I should be specifying the --jobid instead of --chanid
> %CHANID% --starttime %STARTTIME%.

Rather, just specify the jobid as a bare argument.  The script does not
accept a --jobid option.  Technically, you could backtrace the jobid by
searching for a job, currently running on that recording, using a
command with the same binary name as that stored in the database.  But
there is no way you could make it 100% accurate for all scenarios, and
it's easier to just require the use of %JOBID% for that behavior.