[mythtv-users] {Disarmed} SV: HD-PVR, 0x17, And the color/hue/etc-settings.

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Fri Sep 9 23:31:39 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think there isn't a reverse transform on whatever is happening to the way
> the picture looks, or if there is, it is nontrivial to figure out.

I talked to one of the Hauppauge engineers about it last week.  It
won't be rocket science to fix but nonetheless it will require an
updated driver and the vast majority of users aren't comfortable with
recompiling the kernel.  Even if I had a fix tomorrow, it takes months
for stuff like that to make it into the mainline distros.

Downgrading is the only sensible approach at this point.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com