[mythtv-users] How reliable is Commercial skip?

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Sun Sep 11 21:41:34 UTC 2011

Robert Longbottom wrote:
> I'm hoping that someone will make this one of the built in detection
> methods.  Mainly because everytime I upgrade Mythtv it overwrites
> mythcommflag with the "real" one and I wonder why my commercial
> detection is broken for a few moments before realising :-)
>
> Robert.
>
> [1] http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythcommflag-wrapper

I'm just testing this script and it looks promising so far. It works
very well with Dave. I already gave up the idea of commercial detection
here in the UK...

To solve your problem after every update you could use the command

/path/to/mythcommflag-wrapper.sh -j %JOBID% -V 0

as JobQueueCommFlagCommand and change in the script mythcommflag.orig to
mythcommflag. I set a variable MYTHCOMMFLAG="/usr/bin/mythcommflag" at
the beginning of the script and replaced all mythcommflag.orig with
$MYTHCOMMFLAG.

HTH
Thomas