[mythtv-users] Subtitle issues with DVD's

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 05:17:02 UTC 2011

I'm running 0.24-fixes (from git) and I've noticed an issue with
subtitles being used correctly.  When playing a movie with English as
the primary language but contains sections of foreign dialog the
subtitles do not show up correctly by defualt.  This is from physical
DVD's or full rip .iso files and is not a case of a mkv with subtitles
not included.

Most recently we watched Babel which is a movie taking place in
several different countries.  The native language is spoken and should
include the English subtitles.  When the movie is played there are no
subtitles at all.  If you then go to Menu/Subtitles the default
highlighted choice is "Subtitle 7: Undetermined".  If you then select
this choice the subtitles then work as they should (showing up only in
times of foreign language dialog).

In other words, what seems to be happening is mythtv flags the correct
subtitle track but does not activate it.

Has anyone else seen this or is this already a know issue?

Thanks,

Neil