[mythtv-users] Possible 'holy grail' of frontends?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Sep 12 16:00:35 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:30 PM, linux guy <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The "P" variants of the Eee Box have the ION2 video processor, which does
> VDPAU.
>
> What more does one need, other than an IR receiver?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASUS_EeeBox_PC
>
> If there is something better, I want to know about it as I'm about to buy a
> few FEs.

Note: there are Eee Box PCs that do have onboard IR.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220050

You can even suspend/resume that box via its onboard IR (its driven by
ite-cir, I had one of these sent to me so that I could fix s&r).

But its still an Atom CPU. I prefer either a Mac mini or a very long
HDMI cable and some sort of no-LoS-required remote, hooked to
something more powerful.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com