[mythtv-users] How reliable is Commercial skip?

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu Sep 15 13:21:15 UTC 2011

On 9/14/11 11:49 PM, Justin Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 6:21 PM, Michael T. Dean<mtdean at thirdcontact.com>  wrote:
>
>> There's also (the unreviewed) http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9997 ,
>> if you feel like playing/testing/...
>>
>> Mike
>>
> Thanks for that, it seems to have improved my commercial detection
> (USA) immensely; though, I can't be completely sure, it just feels
> better.

OTOH, I've been running with it for a few days now, and can't see any
difference. I guess I was hoping it would stop considering the "Moment
of Zen" at the end of The Daily Show as part of the preceding commercial
break. Perhaps I need to try tweaking the setting for "merge breaks
shorter than X seconds" (or however it's phrased).

The description of what this patch does definitely sounds like it should
be a big improvement, though. It definitely doesn't hurt.