[mythtv-users] Mythtv and Asrock Ion 3d

Toivo Pedaste toivo at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Thu Sep 15 14:00:22 UTC 2011

I have mythtv running on an Asrock Ion 3d, both frontend and backend. It
works pretty well, watching live TV or a recording uses about 15% of the
CPU in the front end using VDPAU. There is a problem how ever with audio
sync, the picture trailing the sound by about 140ms, that I've never
been able to work out a fix for. I am getting tired of setting the audio
delay every time I watch a problem though.

I'm running Ubuntu and tried running 0.25 from the PPA however the VDPAU
decoding didn't seem to work properly and wasn't able to play the video
at anything more than a frame a couple of seconds.

Any suggestions on either of these problems?