[mythtv-users] mythbuild.sh cross compile for windows qt error

Eric Smith erictsmith at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 02:19:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 13:37 -0400, Eric Smith wrote:

>> > This is a problem with Qt's configure script.  To properly diagnose it
>> > could you run:
>> > QT_CFG="-v" mythbuild.sh -W -l
>> >
>> > and post a link to the mythbuild.log file produced.
>> >
>> > Since mythbuild.sh was added to git I've made a number of fixes that
>> > haven't been back-ported.  You may find that my latest script available
>> > here:
>> > http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythbuild.sh
>> >
>> > solves this problem.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Lawrence
>>
>> Thanks for the quick response Lawrence.  I started a clean build using
>> the newer version of the script and had the same result.
>> mythbuild.log is here http://www.mediafire.com/?nuy8z452rjofenw
>
> OK, thanks for the log.  Looks like a problem with mysql being upgraded
> and the old version (5.1.55) no longer being available.  Try this:
>
> MYSQLW="mysql-5.1.58-win32" mythbuild.sh -W -t0
>
> which should download and install mysql 5.1.58.  Let me know how you get
> on and if successful I'll update the script to reflect the change.
>
> --
> Lawrence

Thanks.  I noticed the mysql issue as well after I produced the log
file.  I actually went in and changed the version in the build script
and renamed the folder in the patch directory to match.  The build
then completed with no other issues.  I finally got home this evening
and had a chance to move it over to my windows box.  During the
installation I did receive an error "Setup cannot copy the file
libmythavcore-*.dll"  But I allowed it to continue and after a quick
test things appear to be working pretty well.  Thanks again.