[mythtv-users] Prioritize new episodes...

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Fri Sep 16 09:26:58 UTC 2011

On 16/09/2011 16:38, Tom Furie wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 01:19:22AM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> Regardless of the setting, shows that are not marked as watched will be
>> allowed to re-record.
> Ah, so it behaves the way I thought it did. That's good, I was starting
> to get confused.
>
>> Sorry for the late-night logic inversion, above.
> No problem. I'm sure we've all done it, and probably will again :)
>
> Cheers,
> Tom

I set the recording settings for my kids shows to:

Record at any time on any channel    (here in oz, ABC1, ABC2, ABC3 often
have the same program on multiple channels at different times)
Duplicate Check Method: *Subtitle then Description*
Check for Duplicates in: *Current recordings*
Record New and Expire Old: *Enabled*
No of Recordings to Keep: *5*
Auto-Expire Recordings: *Disabled

*Works for me, there is always the last five recordings of the show
available.
Regardless of whether they have been watched or not, the title will get
rerecorded if it is no longer available in Recordings.
If I enable Auto-Expire Recordings, after it has been watched, it might
get expired due to lack of space, and rerecorded the same day at a later
time)

Regards
Michael