[mythtv-users] DVB-S2 PCI-express cards

Emmanuel eallaud at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 16:34:51 UTC 2011

On 18/09/2011 10:26, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What are people's experiences with the various DVB-S2 cards.
> The TBSDTV cards are good in the sense that their spec sheets are
> good, with Sensitivity and bps details listed.
> The Hauppauge cards have in the past been good, but development of new
> PCI-Express cards seems to be slow.
> Hauppauge also do not publish their sensitivity and bps details in
> their datasheets, so it is difficult to compare the two using data
> sheets.
>
> Does anyone have experience with the above cards, and any others they
> would recommend for use with mythtv.

I have a tbs6921 (dvb-s2 pci-e) and it works great! I can tune to a high
rate tp (DVB-S2- 45Msps), which is the max spec of the card with no
problem: solid lock and perfect picture. I use the driver from their
website with a rather "old" distribution: Ubuntu 10.10.
I also have a TT-3200 which works great also, I'd say with a few quirks,
but it cant tune to the high rate DVB-S2 so I only use it for DVB-S.
HTH
Bye
Manu