[mythtv-users] Line-up and different capture cards

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Mon Sep 19 10:35:23 UTC 2011

Hey all,

This is probably a question asked over and over, but even after reading
the how-to's and mailinglist I can't force myth to do it the way I like.

I receive Analog and DVB-C un-encrypted, exactly the sam channels analog
and digital, I use DVB-T as a backup.
I got the following capture-options: PVR-500, a DVB-T-stick which has
only a subset of channels, a Cablestar HD2(DVB-C) and a (dualtuner)
HDHomerun HDHR3-EU(DVB-C).
I get listings from tv-gids_nl replacement and also use EIT from DVB-T
and DVB-C to augment.
I would like mythtv to primarly capture on the HDHomerun and the
Cablestar and only of it can't switch to the PVR-500, also I would like
myth to default to one of the DVB-C tuners for watching live TV.

I got the cards setup like this:
Tuner 1-4: DVB-T stick
tuner 5-6: PVR500
Tuner 7: Cablestar HD2
Tuner 9-10: HDHR tuner 1(I reduced simultaneous recordings on the
cablestar from 2 to 1)
Tuner 11-12:  HDHR tuner2

I set up 3 line-ups for my cablebased tuners: tvgids from xmltv, EIT
from cablestar and EIT from HDHR3, I matched the callsigns and names of
the channels so myth knows it's the same channels. In mythtv-setup I
connected every card to it's respective line-up and with the exeption of
analog via PVR500 I scanned for channels in the connections-setup menu
to make myth aware where to find the channels.
I gave the HDHR-tuners priority of 14, the cablestar 10 and the PVR500
tuners a priority of -10.

The problems I face are the following:
1) Myth likes the PVR500 so much it lets them record everything I plan,
even though I'd like it to record digital.
2) Myth cannot tune the Cablestar after I scan channels on the HDHR or
vice versa.

I can imagine I missed a little detail that causes myth to behave this
way, but I cannot seem to find it even after wiping al the data for
capturecards and videosources and setting it up fresh. I also setup only
the tvgids xmltv as only source and then scan DVB-C but that would cause
double channels as well.

I'm a bit stuck and hope anyone can point me in the right direction

Thanks,

Jos Hoekstra