[mythtv-users] unable to change channel when I've reached max number recordings on tuner

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 11:12:19 UTC 2011

i have a dual DVB-S2 card, that can handle multiplex recording (so
guaranteed simultaneous 2 recordings, possibly 4 depending on channel
multiplex)

mythtv is setup to 'avoid recording conflict with liveTV'.

i was recording 2 shows at the weekend, and i decide to watch one of the
recordings via live TV.
liveTV opened up on the wrong channel, so i goto guide, find the channel
that was being recorded, that i wanted to watch that recorded show 'live',
but i was unable to. mythtv guide showed the channel in white (rather than
Teal), which implied i was able to switch channel.

why couldn't I change channel to something i was recording?
I hope I've explained the scenario correctly...

thanks
Tim