[mythtv-users] MythTV and Hauppage HVR-950Q

Mark Boyum circushair at boyum.us
Mon Sep 19 19:36:35 UTC 2011

> The stick works fine on Windows with WinTV and picks up several stations even using the toy antenna that comes in the package.  MythTV cannot find any working channels in the range 2 to 69.
>
> Please remember that I do not understand any of this, and I do not want to understand any of this.  I just want to record some programs.

I'm not sure if you saw my suggestion last time, so here it is again
in-case it fell into the bit bucket somewhere.

I would verify that the card works on your Linux installation by using
a much smaller program.  "Me TV" has worked for me in the past for
just such a test.  It will scan for and play the channels it finds.
And if all you are trying to do is record a couple programs to view on
your computer, then it'll even do that for you without all the extra
stuff that comes along with MythTV.

-Mark