[mythtv-users] Possible to Disable Mute Status on Volume Change?

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Tue Sep 20 08:35:07 UTC 2011

On 18/09/2011 20:57, Richard Morton wrote:
> I suggest disable on volume up but not disable on volume down, so mute
> can be used as a quick silencer and allow the user to reduce the volume
> before unmuting by pressing unmute or volume up.

I don't use mute much either (I use pause), but I agree that if the
sound is muted, then changing the volume should unmute. I think that
changing the volume either up or down should unmute - that's how it's
been on every TV that I can remember using, and I think is what most
users would expect.

Cheers,

John

--