[mythtv-users] Multirec-capable hardware? (was: 3 Mux but recording schedule indicating using 4 tuners?)

Vincent McIntyre vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:26:59 UTC 2011

I've been following this multirec discussion with interest.

There's something I'm not clear on though and perhaps this is because
I've missed something basic. How does one find out if one's hardware
is _capable_ of recording more than one channel from a multiplex?
Aside from just mucking about & trying it, of course... is there some
indication given by lspci or the hardware manufacturers spec sheets, etc?
In other words, when you are setting up the card and get to the
'number of recordings' field of the advanced settings page, what's
the process people use for figuring out what value to insert?

In my case I'm looking at DVB-T muxes only.

Cheers
Vince