[mythtv-users] MythMobile: MythTV for iPad/iPhone/iOS/Android/WP7

Ben Curtis mythtv at nosolutions.com
Wed Sep 21 14:22:04 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Thought I'd let everyone know about the release of MythMobile, a MythWeb
plugin for mobile devices (I've mentioned this in the list a while back).
Version 0.01 is up with full remote control capabilities. Version 0.02 is
now beginning development for full streaming capabilities. It's specifically
optimized for iPad, but their are automatic mobile device skins for phones.

For more info, a video, and how to download/install into MythWeb, you can
find it at: http://nowsci.com/mythmobile

For type A's, here's the feature list:

   - Portrait and Landscape support
   - WebApp install-able (SpringBoard icon) for iOS
   - View information on all recorded shows including watched/un-watched
   - Browse MythVideo via the cover browser
   - Filter videos on watched/un-watched
   - Select a Frontend and play selected videos on it from the mobile device
   - Remote control a playing instance
   - Quick-jump to plugin screens, such as ZoneMinder or Games
   - Colors configurable to match your Frontend
   - AJAX, caching and custom libraries for a fast, app-like feel

Tested with 0.24.1, but not with SVN (I would expect things to work the
same, though, and would LOVE feedback from anyone running SVN).

Thanks,
Ben