[mythtv-users] MythMobile: MythTV for iPad/iPhone/iOS/Android/WP7

Robert Longbottom rongblor at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 21 18:59:30 UTC 2011

On 21/09/2011 15:22, Ben Curtis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thought I'd let everyone know about the release of MythMobile, a MythWeb
> plugin for mobile devices (I've mentioned this in the list a while
> back). Version 0.01 is up with full remote control capabilities. Version
> 0.02 is now beginning development for full streaming capabilities. It's
> specifically optimized for iPad, but their are automatic mobile device
> skins for phones.
>
> For more info, a video, and how to download/install into MythWeb, you
> can find it at: http://nowsci.com/mythmobile
>
> For type A's, here's the feature list:
>
>     - Portrait and Landscape support
>     - WebApp install-able (SpringBoard icon) for iOS
>     - View information on all recorded shows including watched/un-watched
>     - Browse MythVideo via the cover browser
>     - Filter videos on watched/un-watched
>     - Select a Frontend and play selected videos on it from the mobile
> device
>     - Remote control a playing instance
>     - Quick-jump to plugin screens, such as ZoneMinder or Games
>     - Colors configurable to match your Frontend
>     - AJAX, caching and custom libraries for a fast, app-like feel
>
> Tested with 0.24.1, but not with SVN (I would expect things to work the
> same, though, and would LOVE feedback from anyone running SVN).
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

Looks nice.  I've just installed it on my Gentoo backend with MythTv
0.24.1-fixes.  Using it from an Ipod Touch 4th gen.  I can browse
recordings fine, start playback ok.  Browse the live tv list and switch
channels ok as well.

Few things I've noticed:
- Rotation doesn't seem to work / make any difference to the layout on
the iTouch - always just two columns of icons in the main menu.
- The list of recordings doesn't filter out deleted recordings or live
tv recordings
- I don't get any preview images for my recordings (assume I'm supposed
to).  But I expect that is something I've configured wrong rather than a
bug.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Robert.