[mythtv-users] Problems Running Headless MBE/FE with Fedora 15/Gnome 3

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Thu Sep 22 15:38:18 UTC 2011

Kris B. Wrote:

It does... you just have to install an x server on a windows machine (which I have).  Then I ssh (using PuTTY) into either or my machines and I can run my programs on the remote machines and display on the local windows machine.  Finding the free (as in beer) xserver files is a bit challenging, it is hidden on a website somewhere and that site makes you think you need to purchase it, but you don't.  Small program, no biggie to have it running and waiting for when I decide to ssh into a machine to run a program (so much easier catalog dvd's when they are with you in the living room then to have to carry them into the computer room :) )

Cygwin-X is free and works quite well.
http://x.cygwin.com/

Being accustomed to the Linux/Bash command line interface I find this less clumsy than PuTTY.

Jens