[mythtv-users] MythTV has decided to record almost everything in SD

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Sep 23 13:55:12 UTC 2011

On 9/23/2011 09:03, Matt Emmott wrote:
> 1) Any idea why MythTV decided to record everything in SD?

MythTV will only prefer HD versions of a show if you tell the scheduler
to set HD shows as a higher priority.  Even then, it will only prefer
them if the guide data tells it they are supposed to be HD.  Why not
disable or remove those standard definition versions?

> 2) How can I tell which sourceid in MythWeb corresponds to which
> source in Mythtv-Setup?

Sources should be listed in mythtv-setup in the order you created them.
The first source in the list will be sourceid 1.

> 3) I was messing with the recording schedules for The Daily Show last
> night and couldn't figure out a way to change the channel it planned
> to use from 49 (SD) to 717 (HD). I ended up deleting the schedule and
> creating a new one, although now that schedule is nowhere to be found.
> Am I missing an easier way to do this?

What is nowhere to be found?  The new schedule you created?  The old
schedule you deleted?  The episode of the Daily Show that was to be
recorded with that schedule?