[mythtv-users] MythMobile: MythTV for iPad/iPhone/iOS/Android/WP7

Ben Curtis mythtv at nosolutions.com
Sat Sep 24 14:56:17 UTC 2011

> Just a reminder: MythTV has not used SVN for nearly a year now. We use
> git.
> Integrating with the last SVN version would be kinda pointless, as that's
> pre-0.24 release. Just thought I'd let ya know.

Doh, I knew that. Just used to saying SVN. Old habits die hard.

I tried to leave a comment on your page but I can't read the grey text on
> white background. I got it working on Ubuntu 10.10 but it took some work.
> have no idea if what I did was right, but here's what was different:
>
> 1) The www directory was in /var/www/
> 2) I installed the php pieces with sudo apt-get and installed php-apc
> php-pear php5-fpm php5-dev
> 3) I installed apc by running sudo pecl install apc
> 4) The apc.ini file is located in /etc/php5/conf.d
> 5) I restarted httpd with sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
>
> I'm pretty excited about the app and interface so far! I'll be sure to
> post
> experiences on your page if they're short, but like I said, I can't read
> the
> grey on white so if they're long winded like this response, I'll reply to
> this thread.

I always do my comments from the administrator screen and had never noticed
that gray font. Fixed now! Glad you were able to get it running.

 - Rotation doesn't seem to work / make any difference to the layout on
> the iTouch - always just two columns of icons in the main menu.
> - The list of recordings doesn't filter out deleted recordings or live
> tv recordings
> - I don't get any preview images for my recordings (assume I'm supposed
> to). But I expect that is something I've configured wrong rather than a
> bug.

The two icons is by design, I haven't incorporated rotation into those skins
yet. The non iPad skins are WAY behind the iPad skin. Interesting, I don't
see deleted recordings, I'll have to look into that. Do preview images work
for you in mythweb? Anything in the httpd error log from PHP?

Hi, I gave it a quick try on an iPad and it's remarkably polished for a 0.01
> release. Played a few recordings and scrolled through some lists. Didn't get
> so far with a 2nd gen iPod touch but that's no surprise (saw the buttons, no
> list of frontends to choose from). This is against git master from
> yesterday.
>
> The only significant quirk I noticed is after you've scrolled down the list
> of shows and picked and played an episode and switched to the controls
> panel. When you go back to recordings the list of shows scrolls back to the
> top although the episodes list is still showing from the scrolled down
> title. Does that make sense? It's easier to show than explain.

Thanks. The frontend list is on the Settings screen, any frontends you've
enabled remote control on should show up. And yes, that makes sense. You've
identified a bug I've got in my list or resetting the scrolling windows.

Question: is APC strictly required ? I already use the eaccelerator cache
> on
> my setup.

No, APC is not required. I would guess that Eaccelerator will work just
fine. The reason caching is important is that without it, connections to the
frontends are very slow. It has to renegotiate every time a command is sent.
With caching enabled, the fact that a connection was established is cached.
You'll notice the same difference in all of Mythweb's control capabilities.

Thanks again everyone,
Ben