[mythtv-users] Mythvideo and wrong aspect ratio

Saul A. Peebsen jaglover at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 23:00:56 UTC 2011

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 22:58:25 +0100
Thomas Boehm <mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net> wrote:

> I take it that you mean mkvproedit, but it seems that it isn't the
> right tool for my problem. It looks like the problem doesn't lie
> within the mkv header. mkvinfo doesn't report anything unusual with
> the file

Below is a snippet from man mkvmerge:

       --display-dimensions TID:widthxheight

           Matroska(TM) files contain two values that set the display
           properties that a player should scale the image on playback
           to: display width and display height. These values can be
           set with this option, e.g. '1:640x480'.

           Another way to specify the values is to use the
           --aspect-ratio or the --aspect-ratio-factor option (see
           below). These options are mutually exclusive.

       --aspect-ratio TID:ratio|width/height

           Matroska(TM) files contain two values that set the display
           properties that a player should scale the image on playback
           to: display width and display height. With this option
           mkvmerge(1) will automatically calculate the display width
           and display height based on the image's original width and
           height and the aspect ratio given with this option. The
           ratio can be given either as a floating point number ratio
           or as a fraction 'width/height', e.g. '16/9'.

           Another way to specify the values is to use the
           --aspect-ratio-factor or --display-dimensions options (see
           above and below). These options are mutually exclusive.

       --aspect-ratio-factor TID:factor|n/d
           Another way to set the aspect ratio is to specify a factor.
       The original aspect ratio is first multiplied with this factor
       and used as the target aspect ratio afterwards.

           Another way to specify the values is to use the
           --aspect-ratio or --display-dimensions options (see above).
           These options are mutually exclusive.

--
Cheers, Saul