[mythtv-users] duplicate recordings

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 16:41:43 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 9:31 AM, Dan Armbrust
<daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sounds like you have set up a listings source like schedules direct,
>> and also left EIT on.
>>
>> Robert
>
> I only use EIT.  I refuse to pay a yearly fee.  So don't both with the
> standard sales pitch.
>
> Is Myth TV so blindly dependent on schedules direct these days that it
> can't even figure out that it is recording the same program, on the
> same channel, twice, at the same time?

MythTV is not at all dependent on Schedules Direct.  There are many
locales where EIT is excellent and reliable.  The US is not one of
them.  If you are getting multiple recordings, it's because of
inconsistencies in your EIT data.  And since no commercial DVR in the
US is reliant on working EIT data, nobody who could do anything about
it cares.

I won't give you a sales pitch, but I won't take pity on you or do any
work to help you when you choose an option that is known to be broken
and then express shock/indignation when it works as expected.

Robert