[mythtv-users] Hacking a Hauppauge pvr350 to generate ACPI wakeup?

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Sun Sep 25 18:00:21 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 08:46:03AM +0200, Lawrence Rust wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-09-24 at 22:07 -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > If I put put my HTPC to sleep (suspend to RAM), is there a hack for the
> > Hauppauge cards so that they generate the right PCI signal to wake up a
> > system in standby mode when it receives any valid IR code?
> >
> > (pretty much just like an ethernet card can wake up a PC when it gets a
> > magic wake on lan packet)
>
> PCI defines the PME signal to bring a system out of sleep (S3 or S4).
> But you'll need to perform some hardware hackery as the card by default
> doesn't support it.  This article has a circuit and explanation:
>
> http://www.ktverkko.fi/~msmakela/electronics/worc5/index.en.html

Thanks.
This might be slightly beyond what I'm comfortable doing, but it's a good
reference.

Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten anything working with an infrared
receiver that connects to a serial port? My MB supports wake on ring signal,
but I'm not sure if the serial port pins are powered when the MB is asleep
(will have to check that).

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/