[mythtv-users] HDPVR frequent no audio

freedenizen freedenizen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 18:18:56 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Rick <rick at laity.ca> wrote:
> I upgraded from F12 the other day and ever since I've been having audio
> problems.  I've tried F15, SL6.1 and mythbuntu and the problem happens
> on all of them.  The system is a masterbackend and a slavebackend each
> with an HDPVR.  The source is Shaw Direct Satellite (formerly Starchoice).
>
> The symptoms:
>
> Everything will be fine and then there will be a random no audio but
> video fine.  It occurs on both the master and the slave.  If I power
> cycle the hdpvr's then they will record properly again for a show or two
> then back to no audio.
<deletia>

I added: /usr/bin/v4l2-ctl --device /dev/hdpvr-RNG --set-ctrl=audio_encoding=4

to my channel change script, note that you will need to change
hdpvr-RNG to whatever your device is,
so the full script is:

/usr/bin/v4l2-ctl --device /dev/hdpvr-RNG --set-ctrl=audio_encoding=4
6200ch -g 005094000011ac15 $1
sleep 2

you'll need to try playing around with the sleep value a bit to find
one that works for you.