[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.24.1, Ubuntu 11.04 and MHEG on Freeview UK

Paul dazzle at edazzle.net
Sun Sep 25 18:39:07 UTC 2011

After some Googling I found this page where a lot of comments are saying
they can't get BBC red button services after retunes on some TV's
(http://www.tvandtech.co.uk/how-to-use-the-bbc-red-button/).

Specifically Sandy Heath is mentioned and the MHEG spec being broadcast
seems to have been
changed due to the digital switchover. So I can now only think that
something has been changed which is no longer compatible with MythTV, but I
don't know what to look for to see what might have changed.

The software Red Button MHEG Engine  says it is unable to load '/c/r_dls.rc'
but still displays red button info.

There is also a thread on Digital Spy
(http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1517896) about an SD-HD EPG
link which works with some Freeview HD boxes and brings up an option to
switch to an HD channel if the program you are watching is simulcast SD and
HD. So whether this is being implemented using MHEG and it is affecting MHEG
in Myth I don't know.

Paul