[mythtv-users] Hacking a Hauppauge pvr350 to generate ACPI wakeup?

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Sun Sep 25 23:40:07 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 09:33:19PM +0100, Thomas Boehm wrote:
> Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten anything working with an infrared
> > receiver that connects to a serial port? My MB supports wake on ring signal,
> > but I'm not sure if the serial port pins are powered when the MB is asleep
> > (will have to check that).
>
> Just get yourself a USB receiver and follow the ACPI howto in the wikie.

Just to be clear, we're talking about this wiki, right?
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ACPI_Wakeup

If so, I already read it, but I'm not clear about what 'usb receiver' you're
talking about. I have a USB wireless keyboard, but 'space bar' only powers
the machine when it's off, it does not work when it's in S3 sleep for some
reason.

If you meant a USB IR receiver, do you mean that if any data is received on
the serial port (not just 'ring'), it will trigger a wakeup?
(I would think not, so I'm confused)

Right now I can wakeup using either:
- pushing the power button
- wake on lan packet
- RTC timer set before suspend

Please tell me what I'm missing to wakeup using a remote control that does
not involve soldering and "if you do this, you might fry your system" if
possible :)

Thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....