[mythtv-users] How much can I power off my DCH-3200 when unused?

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Sun Sep 25 23:50:13 UTC 2011

As part of my power saving work, I'd like to power off my DCH-3200 by just
cutting off its power when my backend isn't running (it uses 25W 24/7).
I can use insteon/X10 to just shut off the power to its outlet.

My concerns are:
1) it takes a little while to boot, so I'll have to make sure I boot it
about 2mn before a recording starts. I can do this by having my backend
resume from sleep 2mn before the recording and turning the tuner back on.
Is that going to work well enough?

2) I was also told that they get OTA updates from time to time. Is it going
to be a problem if I keep it off most of the time? Has anyone tried and lost
programming rights as a result?

Thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....