[mythtv-users] DVB-S2 PCI-express cards

Andy Burns mythtv.lists at burns.me.uk
Tue Sep 27 19:33:12 UTC 2011

On 27 September 2011 18:15, Staffan Pettersson
<staffan.pettersson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I dont know where to buy the TBS cards in Sweden so i am wondering if
> anyone have tried this card?
>
> http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p2352_TeVii-S480-Dual-DVB-S2-HDTV-PCIe-Diseqc-1-2-2-0-Low-profile.html

I made the mistake of buying a TBS card, it worked OK in 2.6.32 with
their proprietary driver, then I had to hack the drivers for 2.6.35,
it looks like the manufacturer won't be open-sourcing the whole driver
any time soon and ICBA to hack it further.

Recently the TBS card has started hanging my PC whenever it's inserted
(I think I'll take a rather satifying hammer to it) so I've just
bought a TeVii S480, the drivers are included in mainstream 3.1 kernel
(maybe also in later 2.6.3x ones).

Can't comment on long term reliability yet only had it two days...