[mythtv-users] Schedule, tablet and mythweb

Sven Bretfeld sven.bretfeld at gmx.ch
Fri Sep 30 18:48:20 UTC 2011

Jos Hoekstra <joshoekstra at gmx.net> writes:

> Op 29-9-2011 16:39, Phill Edwards schreef:
>>> I'm using the Asus Transformer and have no trouble at all, it works
>>> pretty much like a normal netbook.
>> Do you know if you can install VLC media player on that so you can
>> play recordings on the tablet by streaming them from mythweb?
> I can stream them using the default flashplayer of mythweb, I didn't
> install vlc, it's not in the market and the link on XDA doesn't give me
> much to go on at first glance.

There are several clients for Android which can connect to a vlc-stream.
VLC-direct and VLC-stream&convert are two of them. Here is a howto for
setting up VLC on a Myth-Backend for usage with Android clients:
http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2011-January/306970.html.

But one question. How do you stream with Mythweb on Android? I have a
Motorola Xoom. Using Mythweb with the stock browser works well for
schedules, checking status etc. etc., but not for streaming. When I try
to stream a video or recording, an asx file is downloaded to the
SD-card, but it cannot be opened by any player I have installed (stock
player, RockPlayer, VLC-direct). Yes, Adobe FlashPlayer is installed on
the device, but the browser doesn't start it (it's not a separate app,
but a browser-plugin).

Greetings,

Sven