[mythtv-users] PCI capture cards on Intel Sandy Bridge

Simon Paterson simon.paterson.nz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 10:40:23 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm planning to build a new 'home server', sandy bridge / i3 based,
which will, among other things, be the master BE. I plan to reuse my
existing Hauppauge PCI dvb cards, a Nova-T-500 and a NOVA-S-Plus in it.

Doing some research beforehand, it seems that PCI on sandy bridge has
some issues, due to PCI support being implemented via external PCI-e to
PCI bridge chips, rather than PCI being native to the chipset like
earlier generations.

I haven't found any mention on this list of any problems, or specific
mention anywhere else of problems with Hauppauge dvb cards, so I'm
asking here if anyone here is using PCI capture cards with a sandy
bridge mother-board, and if any problems have been experienced doing so.

Cheers,
Simon